This program has two components:
(a) a teaching position with the TaLK program (Teach and Learn in Korea)
(b) an internship with Jeju Furey
prospective applicants need to be approved by both organizations. Approval from one organization in no way guarantees approval from the other.
The application for the TaLK program is far more involved than Jeju Furey's so start with Jeju Furey's and while we're processing your application, prepare you TaLK application. There are a lot of documents to get in order so get started right away.
• 6-month contracts are available but 12-months is preferred
• the TaLK position is a paid position, so when interviewing with TaLK emphasize your interest in teaching. TaLK's priority is finding teachers.
1. fill out the form to the left. For the letter of intent, make sure to add at the bottom of the letter a list of your skills, and a list of areas you would like to work in but be prepared to work outside of your comfort zone.
See list below for non-traditional sport management areas.
2. make sure to upload the documents in the proper format (e.g. .pdf)
3. visit this page for the eligibility of the TaLK program (teaching position)
4. visit this page for the required documents of the TaLK program
5. visit this page for the application timeline of the TaLK program
6. download the sample contract of the TaLK program here
7. learn to read & write in Korean. Don't worry, it's not hard and will only take a day or two. That is to say, learn how to sound out words and learn how to write words down. It's very simple, and the benefits are endless. Here's a valuable resource to help learn the Korean alphabet, but it's best to use Internet Explorer to view the page.
8. contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
*Jeju Furey events and the Jeju Furey organization does a great deal of its work outside of the scope of sport management.
Although the bulk of your internship will revolve around organizing charity sporting events and working in the traditional areas of sport management including:
- marketing, sales, & merchandising
- logistics & scheduling
- sponsorship & recruitment
you can also take the opportunity to dabble in other areas if they appeal to you.
- webpage design/editing
- visual arts & graphic design